I currently am the webmaster for 101KGB “San Diego’s Classic Rock” Radio Station. The radio station is a part of the iHeartRadio network and you can find it at 101.5-FM on the San Diego terrestrial radio dial.
I’ve been employed with iHeartRadio (formerly known as Clear Channel Media & Entertainment) since August of 2007. There are 7 radio stations in our San Diego, California cluster that includes: Channel 93.3, Star 94.1, 95.7 KISS-FM, 600 KOGO News Radio, XTRA Fox Sports 1360, 101KGB “San Diego’s Classic Rock” and Rock 105.3. I help out on doing various tasks on all of the stations as a Multimedia Producer. The main stations that I presently focus mostly on are 101KGB and 95.7 KISS-FM.
I work with a lot of really talented and amazing people and I’m always learning new things. Working as a team, I’ve helped our San Diego market win national awards and implemented social media within the cluster. Some of the web features I’ve created are: cluster wide city contests such as San Diego’s Best Burger, hip hop feature “Heat of The Week” and Babes and Bikes.
If I were to break down my job by an individual station, the 101KGB San Diego’s Classic Rock radio station webmaster responsibilities include:
- General overall look and feel and user experience of the web site including graphic design
- Creating original content including articles, videos, photos, graphics, and contests
- Promotional and sales videos for events and campaigns
- Coordinating online and on-air contests programming
- Search engine optimization
- E-mail marketing blasts (below)
- General social media while coordinating with local and national promotions
- Monitoring the internet audio stream to ensure ad deliverables and consistency
- Technical support for the on-air jocks
- and probably things I’m forgetting.
Click on the image to view the live 101KGB web site.
Here’s an image example of the 101KGB “San Diego’s Classic Rock” weekly newsletter:
Occasionally, I help out with marketing for events on the station. It’s an honor to be able to put this San Diego tradition on my resume. I took the direction of the Marketing Director and put it together with Adobe Creative Suite, with the help of the in-house voice talent.